Upper School Term 2 Opening Plans
We are delighted to welcome all students back on campus.
Year group bubble: Due to IGCSE and A level option choices and Prep/Year 9 language choices, it is not possible for students to be taught in the same class for all their lessons . However, where possible we will make adjustments to timetables to facilitate this.
As such, a year group will form a bubble.
- Teachers will be able to move around the classroom during lessons, whilst maintaining social distancing (1 - 2 metres). This will significantly improve the level of feedback and interaction for students who are learning face to face in school.
- There will be no in-person assemblies or large group gatherings - these will be conducted via Zoom.
Please make sure you complete an ATK test for your child and upload the result(s) between 6am and 6pm on SUNDAY and again on WEDNESDAY. Please upload the results onto our ATK parent portal by CLICKING HERE.
Shortly after you have submitted the form, you will receive an automatic email with a School Pass. Please show this confirmation email to staff when you arrive each day.
Please note that students or parents arriving at school without having completed an ATK test will not be provided tests by the school, nor will the students be allowed to enter the campus. Please test your child before they come to school. We thank you all for your support with this process to ensure that we keep all of our school community safe.
- Hands, Face, Space: We will continue to emphasise the importance of washing or sanitising hands, wearing masks at all times (except during PE or when eating) and maintaining social distancing in lessons and when moving around the school. Any children who are unwell should not come into school.
- Track & Trace: An important measure is that we keep an accurate log of places visited whilst commuting to or from school and during each evening. This is a legal requirement so your child will be asked to complete a document shared with them via the Tutor’s Google Classroom every day. We are also keeping classroom seating plans to assist with tracking and tracing students.
- Timing of the school day: Students in school will go directly to their tutor rooms in the morning and then follow the timetable as normal.
What to bring to school?
- Water bottle which can be filled up using the water fountains (students will not be allowed to drink directly from the water fountains)
- iPad or laptop (fully charged) plus their charger (please register all new devices here using the school user account details and password)
- A set of headphones
- Pencil case: pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, ruler, scissors, glue stick, eraser, coloured pencils etc
- Any overdue library books
Arrival & Departure from school
Upper School students will enter via the Clock Tower turnstiles and go straight to the tutor rooms. Student entry onto the campus will be staggered to ensure that there is no overcrowding at the entrance. All students in the Upper School will not be released until 2.50pm.
We ask that all SR5 and Sixth Form students be collected from the West Gate car park near boarding in order to minimise any congestion around the clock tower.
- Year 6-10 period 5 lessons will be from 1.40-2.40pm and students will be held back until 2.50pm.
- Year 11-13 period 5 lessons will be from 1.50-2.50pm to allow for subject support sessions to take place during the lunch hour.
The Activities Programme will commence from Monday 17th January and students are required to sign up to at least 1 activity or 2 activities if they are boarders.
Questions? Please contact your child’s tutor directly.