Digital Book Collection
Harrow students (Year 3 and up) can now access a wide range of high-quality digital books in written and audio formats from a device or laptop.
Harrow libraries have subscribed to an ebook platform called OverDrive and through their app, Sora, staff and students have access to over 1,700 ebooks and, because we have collaborated with other international schools across Thailand, we can offer a wide selection of titles.
Having the option of reading online gives students and staff access to books at any time, from home or from far away. There are sumptuous picture books that parents can read together with younger children and graphic novels as well as audio books for listening on car journeys or at bedtime. We can also buy ebooks pretty much instantaneously!
We intend to develop the collection over the next few months, so please do tell us of any books that you think we should add to our ever-growing collection. We hope that our new reading lists will continue to delight and inspire you to read for pleasure and encourage students to make personal choices and develop their reading tastes and preferences.
As a measure of the success of this initiative, we had over 320 titles checked out in the first week of its launch, making the Harrow Bangkok community one of the largest borrowers across the consortium!
Drive-Through Harrow Bangkok Libraries
Whilst campus is closed we’re still offering our ‘real-book’ library service! Students and parents can borrow books using our drive-through collection service, and continue to stay safe. Here’s how to do it:
- Browse online the thousands of books available in our three libraries
- Reserve up to 12 at once, online
- Collect the books from school, from the safety of your car, once you’ve received a confirmation email
- Return books to school where they’ll be quarantined and cleaned before they’re put back on the shelves
- Email email@example.com for all the details (which have been emailed to parents already)